Stoke Holy Cross
01508 492497

info@thewildebeest.co.uk


History

The Wildebeest has seen a change or two in its time.

Formerly the village pub The Red Lion, it became The Wildebeest Arms in 1994 and went on to cause a bit of a stir when it was transformed into a gastropub with an African theme. Records show that it dates back to 1837 as a Freehouse and was later damaged by enemy action in the Second World War on the 8th May 1942. 

Owners of the award-winning Ingham Swan, Chef Patron Daniel Smith and his business partner, Gregory Adjemian bought The Wildebeest in April 2015.